1. What did you learn from the video/ conversation?
2. What did you disagree with in the video/ conversation (if anything)?
3. What are some African American Stereotypes? (Discuss) Where do these stereotypes come from?
4. Has there ever been a time in your life where you were the "minority" in the room? Share the story, and how it made you feel?
5. Implicit bias is the bias in judgment and/or behavior that results from subtle cognitive processes (e.g., implicit attitudes and implicit stereotypes) that often operate at a level below conscious awareness and without intentional control.What things have shaped your view/ perspectives of African American's?
6. How can you relate to the challenges encountered by African Americans?
7. How could we celebrate/ promote diversity in our communities?
Take a look at this additional video.